Every year, campers and retreat guests leave Camp Challenge with a fresh love for God and a determination toward a renewed life in Him. This life-changing experience is made possible through the generous financial and volunteer support of churches and individuals like you. Consider investing in the mission of Camp Challenge in one of the following ways:
We are always in need of fun-loving, responsible, and spiritually rooted volunteers to help operate our summer camp sessions. If you are interested in serving as a session director, speaker, musician, counselor, first aid volunteer, kitchen volunteer, activity leader, etc., please fill out our staff and volunteer application. Join us for one session or the whole summer and be blessed, even as you bless others!
Use your God-given skills and talents to further the mission of Camp Challenge! If you are experienced in the areas of leadership, nonprofit management, fund raising, outdoor/children's/youth ministry, communications, marketing, construction and trades, hospitality, land management, etc., consider serving as a Camp Challenge board or committee member, donating services, or coordinating a volunteer work project. Some work projects currently on our wish list:
- web site update
- production of camp promotional video
- stairway system to East Hill to replace washed out trails
- clear, split and stack wood from fallen trees
- installation of air conditioning unit (already purchased) in Amity
- cabin rehab
Contact Brian Klein to discuss potential service opportunities.
Your recurring or special gift to the Camp Challenge general fund provides regular care and maintenance of the facility, ensuring a safe, inviting place for campers and guests to connect with God. For churches or individuals interested in sponsoring or donating toward a specific project, we have identified the following big-impact needs:
- Full time program manager position. Estimated cost: $24,000 (year 1), $16,000 (year 2), $8,000 (year 3).
- Dining hall roof replacement. Built in 1957, the dining hall has served us well. However, the roof has been leaking for several years and our continual attempts to patch and repair it have been exhausted. In order to prevent permanent damage to the building and its contents, we must replace the roof as soon as possible. Quoted cost (with professional labor): $15,000.
- Replacement dining hall tables and chairs. Our hand-me-down tables and chairs are stained, damaged and failing. Estimated cost: $7,000.
- Stairway system to East Hill to replace washed out trails. Significant rain during the summer of 2016 caused the main trails at camp to wash out. A work camp focused exclusively on trail repair and building a stair and platform solution to the east hill must occur prior to the 2017 camp season in order to provide a safe environment for our campers and guests. Estimated cost of materials: $5,000.
- Kitchen equipment and health code updates. Estimated cost of materials: $4,000.
- Technology updates. Because the camp computer no longer functions well, staff are using personal computers for work. The printer/copier is not able to scan or color copy and is so old that we can no longer get parts for it. Estimated cost of equipment: $3,500.
- Retreat center ice maker. Estimated cost of equipment: $1,500.